Galileo SSL Client is a bespoke security application created 2006 to replace Leased Line and VPN solutions.
The Galileo SSL is currently used by many Travelport customers to facilitate access to specific Travelport internal network entities (for example to access the Galileo Desktop / Travelport Smartpoint for Travelport Apollo and Travelport Galileo.) The Galileo SSL Client can run on the individual agent’s computer or as a single gateway in an agency environment.
The Galileo SSL included functionality in the SSL installer to check the TCP/IP communication setting on the machine in support of Galileo Desktop. This check is no longer required in the SSL installer and has been removed. As a result, the check box added to the Galileo SSL installer with v126.96.36.199 to aid in retaining an existing TPC/IP communication configuration setting when installing the Galileo SSL has also been removed with this release.
This applies to agents that are currently using Galileo SSL.
Products that currently use Galileo SSL include:
• Galileo Desktop
• Travelport Smartpoint
• Galileo Print Manager legacy (not GPM.NET)
• GIDS/TBF (GIDS was renamed to TBF, which stands for Travelport Booking Feed)
• UK Rail Support (includes Trainline, Elgar Virgin and eAgent)
• MQ printing (Message Queue)
• TN3270 (Telnet)
• VS1 (another TN3270)
• GVM (another TN3270)
• PM Browser (Print Management Browser)
• Custom Fares
• Galileo Fee Manager
• Service Bureau
• XML Select (Extensible Mark-up Language)
• LCCP (Low Cost Carrier Participation)
For more information, see Product Advisory 3489.
Key Product Features
- This will change is NOT LIVE until 29 November - Do Not Move to Production Marketplace
- The Galileo SSL Client version 188.8.131.52 has been modified to remove the TCP/IP communication check.
- As a result of this change, the associated check box options have also been removed from the installation and set up process.
- No other changes have been made to the Galileo SSL functionality with this release.